Thursday, April 21, 2011

Too be continued...


You may be wondering where the heck I have been lately. My apologies. I know I have bee neglecting you.  My husband and I are currently eyeballs deep in boxes because we are moving!  In 18 days we are packing up and heading north to Chicago, the city where we fell in love :)

So, my to do list has been longer than my time to get that to do list done and has left little time for baking. Do not despair!  The first boxes to be unpacked in Chicago will indeed be all my kitchen supplies and we already have a BBQ planned the weekend following the move, so yummy recipes are soon to come!

On another note, I am thinking of running the Chicago marathon. It has always been a goal of mine to run a marathon and I started training way back at the beginning of pharmacy school (which subsequently took over my life) and I never met that goal.  Now that I will be able to maintain better balance in my life, I think it is time to pick up where I left off three years ago.  What's better, is that I can run for a charity team!  I am thinking of running for a group called "Run Chicago."  They are dedicated to fighting childhood obesity among underprivliged children in IL.  Being a healthcare professional who sees the affects of obesity every single day, I think this is an amazing cause.

These are my concerns....holy crap it is 26.2 miles!  I'm not sure I can do that! Also, I have to meet a 1,000 fundraising goal or else I either can't run, or my own personal credit card gets charged 1000 dollars, also equally scary.

So what are your thoughts?  Should I take that leap?  Should I may consider running next year?  Who knows!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should totally do it! I ran my first marathon with Team in Training and raised $3900...so raising $1000 is DEFINITELY doable! One tip that I found that really helped me is to ask around and see if anyone you know has a company who will match their donation. Then take all of the cash donations you receive and have them "donate" it so that you get double the bang for the buck!

    And if you can run a mile you can run a marathon...I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I ran my first marathon after I move to Newport Beach. It was an awesome experience. Good luck on the move.

    ReplyDelete