This week has been hectic to say the least. Not much cooking or baking has gone on in the Rogers household this week; however, I plan to remedy that this weekend...stay tuned :)
I have received several comments on my homemade bread recipe over the past couple weeks so I thought I would share a delicious variation of that recipe. It is only two extra steps and the results are AMAZING!!!
1 grapefruit size ball of dough from original bread recipe
1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes
1/2-3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
olive oil for brushing
1.Allow the dough to sit for 10-20 minutes so that it is easier to work with.
2. Roll the dough into a rectangle and brush lightly with olive oil
3. Drain oil for tomatoes and coarsely chop
4. spread tomatoes over rolled out bread dough and cover with grated parmesan
5. Roll dough lengthwise into a log
6. Preheat oven to 450.
7. allow dough to rise for 30 -40 minutes covered with a tea towel
8. Cut slashes diagonally in the top of the bread
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes (my oven is hot so I normally bake it for 20 to 25)
10. Receive mucho saludos!