Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes


If you love Oreos, or even just like Oreos occasionally, this cupcake recipe hits the spot.  The light whipped cream frosting compliments the cookie crunch of the cupcakes perfectly. Kids and adults alike will eat these up, so you may want to make a double batch!

Ingredients
2-1/2 cups white flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, room temperature
1-1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
8 oreo cookies, chopped/crushed*

Frosting:
1 cup whipping cream
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
10 crushed oreo cookies

Directions
1. preheat oven to 325 and line cupcake tins
2. in a bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda
3. Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer on medium fitted with paddle attachment until light and fluffy
4. Reduce mixing speed to low and add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to fully incorporate into mixture
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients and the Oreos until batter is smooth
6. Fill cupcake linters 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack
8. To prepare the frosting simply add whipping cream and powdered sugar to electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat on medium high until fluffy.
9. Gently fold in oreos.
10. Dollop icing onto cupcakes and enjoy!

Baker's Notes
* Rather than fussing with trying to chop the Oreos with a knife, I put them in a zip lock bag and smashed them with my fists, letting out all my week's frustrations in the process :)

Source:

2 comments:

  1. I had oreos for a snack EVERY DAY when I was a kid...now not so much. But I think there is definitely room for these cupcakes in my life! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this one. My grandkids will love it!
    Thanks Sarah.

    ReplyDelete