Monday, March 28, 2011

Eat. Live. Be. and I'm back


Greetings friends,

Well...needless to say, the blog has been stagnant for a few days. My husband and I spent my week of spring break in Colorado visiting family.  Unfortunately, he had a lot of work to do, but I had a lot of relaxing to catch up on. It was great! I hit the slopes, conquered a few black diamonds and some "baby moguls." I was ridiculously pumped.  I also spent a lot of time reading and playing sims 3.

My twin nephews, Simon and Levi, turned one on Thursday (they are so adorable).  We had a birthday party for them on Saturday and, of course, aunt Sarah had to make their cakes...yes I said cakes.  Stay tuned to see them on the blog soon (aka, once mommy sends me some pics).

Ok, now that you know what I have been doing while away from cyberspace. Let's get own to business. Today's ELB topic is our go to lunch.  This one is tough for me, because out of all the meal categories: appetizers, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, snacks, etc. Lunch is the one I neglect the most BY FAR! Normally, I wake up, shower, get ready for class, fix breakfast for the husband and I and then rush out the door as not to be late.  On the days that I do dragged by butt out of bed a few minutes early, I try to take advantage of the extra time and fix myself a yummy sandwich with deli meats, cheese, and whole wheat bread. I also normally pack a veggie or fruit, and a 100 calorie pack snack (normally yogurt covered pretzels) and sometimes I top it off with 100 calorie chocolate mousse from JELLO. Sadly, 70% of the time, I leave my lunch sitting on the counter top, and I realize that sad fact about 15 minutes into my commute. They really need to make a drug for short term memory impairment!

Anyway, I know it's not much, but I truly do suck at lunch. Hopefully my fellow bloggers have some suggestions for you!  Check them out :)

Sarah at Cucina Bella
Cate O’Malley at Sweet Nicks
Maris at In Good Taste
Chris at Mele Cotte
Faith at Bon Appetit
Kristen at Dine and Dish
Jenne at stop drop and blog 
Tri-Fit Mom at Tri-Fit Mom
Allison at Sweet Flours
Jen at NJ Epicurean
Jennifer at Lick-a-Plate
Jennifer Schulz at Lick-a-plate
Denise & Lenny at Chez Us

No comments:

Post a Comment