Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chicken Marsala...oh yeah!

Before I ventured to Colorado for spring break, my mom and I spent some time together in MyKitchen, I mean it's not MY kitchen, but its MyKitchen....confused? or have you already clicked on the link?
As you can see (if you were a good reader and clicked on the link), my kitchen is an awesome resource for local food lovers, novice cooks, or just someone looking for a fun family gathering, birthday party, or girls night out. Chef Chris Hall offers a ton of classes from a tour of Julia Child's classics, to sushi making, to the class we took: "Light, Fast, and Delicious."
If you live in the area, I HIGHLY recommend signing up for a class. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun. Chef Hall is a great instructor and starts the course off with a quick run down of the kitchen and an overview of the several recipes you can make throughout the night. Then, its off to the races..so to speak.  Each person (we worked in pairs) chooses what recipes they want to make and then Chef Hall answers any questions and assists with any uncertainties in technique.  He also offers a ton of valuable tips a long the way.  Needless to say, my mom and I greatly enjoyed our time and we have both used recipes that we learned since the lesson. When I saw chicken marsala on the list of recipes we could make I immediately doubled started it, leaned into my mom and said, "let's make this first." and so we did!  It was intoxicatingly delicious..I mean OMG amazing!  Ok, I will stop babbling and start sharing

Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 c Chicken broth
1/2 cup marsala wine
10 oz cremini mushrooms (any mushroom will do really)
1 large shallot
all purpose flour for dusting
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Slice breasts horizontally and season with salt and pepper
2. Dredge dried breast halves in all purpose flour
3. Saute chicken in hot butter about 3-4 minutes each side until browned and remove from pan
4. Add sliced mushrooms, shallot and a little salt. Brown, about 3 minutes
5. Mix together 1 Tbsp all purpose flour, chicken broth, and wine. Take any juices from plate with chicken and add al to pan. Scrape the pan and reduce mixture by half over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
6. take a few moments to indulge in the delicious aroma now circulating in your kitchen
7. Add chicken back to skillet and heat through
8. Transfer everything to a serve dish and enjoy!

Ok, now that you have seen this delicious recipe, go back to the top of the page, click on a link, sign up for a class and as Chef Hall says, "cook with wild abandon!"

Source:
Chef Chris Hall

3 comments:

  1. My parents LOVE chicken marsala. In fact, my dad was just looking for a recipe. I need to see if he made it yet. I will send him over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! and such a fun evening for us to spend together. We'll have to take a few more classes during your rotations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we had something like MyKitchen around here !!

    ReplyDelete