Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Super Bowl Shuffle Chili

Well, my Chicago Bears didn't make it to the Super Bowl, sadly. However, the Steelers did! So, Justin and I are throwing a party (I am always looking for an excuse to cook and bake!)  I will be making  my delicious chili.  I'm not going to lie, this chili has won contests, ok ok, it won 1 contest. Anyway, Justin loves it, my bff Char loves it, pretty much its a crowd pleaser :)  I have named it the Super Bowl Shuffle Chili in honor of my Bears, who will someday go to the big game (hopefully without Cutler...seriously, the guy is a whiny little baby).  Any who, I hope you try it and enjoy!

Ingredients
1 lb ground turkey
1 green pepper diced
2 stalks of celery chopped
1 medium onion diced
3 gloves of garlic, minced 
2 cans of beans, drained (I normally use red beans but you can use whatever you like) 
2 cans (12-14oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1 can (48oz) tomato juice
spices to taste: chili powder, parsely, basil (I normally do a 2:1:1 ratio of these three spices)
1 bag of chili cheese fritos
cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping


Directions
Brown turkey in pot.  Add celery to turkey and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Next add green pepper and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.  Add onions to pot and cook until translucent.  Finally add garlic and stir constantly to prevent garlic from burning. 
Add beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato juice.  Stir until well combined.  Add spcices and mix well.  
Bring chili to a simmer, cover and allow to cook for  45-60 minutes or until consistency is right. 
Place a handful (1/2 cup) of chili cheese fritos in the bottom of cheese chili bowl.  Top with chili, sour cream and cheese as desired.  Super bowl shuffle over to your TV and eat while cheering on your favorite football team!  Da bears, da bears, da bears, da bears! 


Note:
When I make this chili, I do everything on one pot so there is much less clean up!


Source: ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment