Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, I went on a cookie frenzy this weekend.  I just wanted to make dozens of cookies with a lot of chocolate.  My favorite of the weekend are these mint chocolate chip cookies. They are super easy to make as well.  So, if you have unexpected guests or your kids come home from school saying they need two dozen cookies to take to class the next day, these are the cookies for you!

Ingredients
2/3 cups butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa*
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 bag (10oz) of Hershey's mint Chocolate Chips 


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.  Add egg and vanilla; beat well until combined
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt and slowly add to egg mixture. 
4. Stir in mixed chocolate chips and drop spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets
5. Bake for 8-9 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool. 

Baker's Notes:
* You can use regular cocoa if you want, I just think the dark chocolate is more compatible with the strong mint flavor

2 comments:

  1. God I went on a cookie and chocolate frenzy last Friday night (hence why I probably went up .5 lbs haha) but they were SOOOO good. These look amazing! Good thing they weren't around last Friday cause I have a particular weakness for chocolate AND mint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I tell you how ADDICTED I have become to mint chocolate everything lately?!?!? I need these in my life.

    Thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog! I love coming here as well! Your baked goods always leave me drooling. Profusely.

    ReplyDelete