Monday, February 21, 2011

Eat. Live. Be. Favorite Grab-n-Go Snack


This week's ELB topic is "favorite Grab-n-go Snack"  I have quite a few of these, but first:

Days exercised this week: big fat zero
Weight change: down 2lbs from last week (I attribute that to stress, massive amounts of caffine, and sleep deprivation)

Needless to say it has been an awful week.  Week one of the two worst weeks of the semester (boo!) So please forgive me if the blog is lacking this week! Any who, hopping off the soap box now and back to healthy snacks.
My number one favorite healthy grab and go snack is this:


This cheese is only 35 calories per individual wedge and they are delicious on carrots or reduced fat wheat things or triscuits.  I take this snack to school once or twice a week and it always helps me get through the day without grabbing a fatty candy bar or premade mini pizza from the school cafeteria.
Another of my favorite snacks is the Nabisco's yogurt covered pretzels
They are so ridiculously addictive! Again, they have protein and carbs which makes you feel fuller, longer and they are such tasty morsels.

I'm not going to lie. I really don't have a good grab and go recipe for you this week. I mean, granola bars are probably the best I can think of; however, I had A) no time to make granola bars and B) no cognitive function left after this week to take sweet pics and write a blog post.  However, it is absolutely on my to do list (along with some gluten free snacks). So stay tuned in the coming weeks and ELB posts for some quick and tasty treats!

Now it's your turn.  What are your favorite snacks?  What about for road trips? How do you keep from eating McDonalds every 200 miles on a road trip?

As always, check out these lovely blogs for other great healthy snack ideas!

Sarah at Cucina Bella
Cate O’Malley at Sweet Nicks
Maris at In Good Taste
Chris at Mele Cotte
Faith at Bon Appetit
Kristen at Dine and Dish
Jenne at stop drop and blog 
Tri-Fit Mom at Tri-Fit Mom
Allison at Sweet Flours
Jen at NJ Epicurean
Jennifer at Lick-a-Plate
Jennifer Schulz at Lick-a-plate
Denise & Lenny at Chez Us


5 comments:

  1. I am on a Quaker mini rice cake kick...love the sweet chili flavor !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen those yogurt pretzels. Those are trouble for me in the big bags but, maybe the small portioned sizes will help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the best grab and go snacks are the ones that require minimal stress and work -- like the ones you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the cheese wedges, they made my list, too!!! Hope your week goes by quickly and more easily than you think. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We bought the cheese wedges tonight at Sams, tried them with carrots and you're right....soooo good!

    ReplyDelete