Friday, January 28, 2011

Seafood Chowder


Today is a short post because this recipe is a very simple and very quick recipe. What's more to say? It is the perfect one pot meal for a busy week night, not to mention that it is so delicious.  I normally make my Red Lobster biscuits to go with the chowder.
I honestly always keep all the ingredients for this chowder in my pantry, just incase we happen to have unexpected dinner guest, its perfect. I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 can condensed cream of potato
1 can condensed cream of celery
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 lb shrimp
2 fish fillets (I normally use cod or halibut)
 Directions:
1. In a pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add onions.  Saute onions until translucent.  Next add minced garlic and stir constantly as not to burn. 
2. Mix cream of potato, cream of celery, and milk to the pot. Stir until evenly combined.  
3. Add fish and shrimp (both should be at least partially thawed) to mixture and top with dill weed.  Bring chowder to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.   


Adapted from: Campbell's 

No comments:

Post a Comment