Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mahogany Wings


The first time I made this recipe was for a potluck lunch at my husbands office.  When he said they were having a BBQ/potluck, I asked what he wanted me to make.  His response was, "I dunno, something really good and unique.  Oh and I need it by tomorrow morning."  At the time it was about 2:00pm.  God love him.  So, I scoured the internet for yummy recipes.  I decided to do wings because my husband always likes wings and his alway asking me to try and find new recipes.  When I saw this Mahogany wing recipe on allrecipes.com I knew he would love it!  Turns out the wings were a great hit.  When I asked him if he took all the credit he said, "No, I just took credit for marrying the cook."  So sweet :)

Ingredients:



  • 3 pounds chicken wings (I normally buy tyson frozen variety wing package)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 2 tablespoons chile sauce
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

Directions



  1. Place chicken in a shallow, medium dish.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, molasses, chile sauce, ground ginger and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour, turning occasionally.
  3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  4. In a large baking dish, arrange chicken in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven approximately 50 minutes, brushing with remaining soy sauce mixture often and turning once, until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Baker's Note:
I normally make these wings in the crock pot instead of the oven.  They still turn out amazing, I just have to add one extra step.  After the wings are fully cooked. I remove them from the crock pot, and then I thicken the sauce using 1 or 2 Tbsp of cornstarch to make them more saucy. 




Adapted from Allrecipes

4 comments:

  1. "I just took credit for marrying the cook" = adorable.. haha.

    btw.. the pictures of the wings just made me really hungry. I can't wait to come back to school so I can sample all your cooking again! And hang out with you of course. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the sweetest son in-law! The wings do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hang out with you either! I have a huge list of cooking to do's so get ready! I also have three new cook books since we last saw each other..haha

    PS: Justin is happy you both commented on his post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He IS my favorite son in-law!:-)

    ReplyDelete