Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Eat. Live. Be


I have recently stumbled upon this amazing little group of bloggers who have started an initiative called Eat. Live. Be  You can find them on facebook here. Each week, their is a different challenge that bloggers share with their readers in hopes that the bloggers themselves will achieve their health goals, and that their readers will be inspired to make their own health goals and strive toward a healthier 2011.
I am a week behind, so today I am going to share challenge one (What's Your Goal?) and challenge two (Where is Your Support Community?).  Then, every Monday I will post a new weekly challenge.  Please feel free to post comments and answer the questions as well.  Or join the facebook group!

Topic #1 What's Your Goal
My goal for Eat. Live. Be is to start exercising 4-5 days a week, cardio and strength training, for at least 30 minutes each day.  School is a major hinderance to my health. I am not joking.  Before pharmacy school,  I use to work out 6 day a week for at least an hour a day.  I was marathon training and in great shape.  Now, a good day is being able to run 2 miles without taking a walking break. Ugh.  But, with school almost over ( 480 days to be exact!) it is time to get my priorities straight and start taking care of myself and my health. After all, I am going to be a health care professional for goodness sakes!

Topic #2 Where is Your Support Group
I thought it was so ironic that support group was this weeks topic.  God has such a knack for perfect timing. My support group consists of the Eat. Live. Be community, my amazing husband, and recently "The Pump House."
Eat. Live. Be.  is a great tool for me to stay motivated and remain accountable. I love the idea about being able to post every week how I am doing and have a new health discussion topic.  I hope you all enjoy it as well!
My husband has been an amazing source of motivation and support.  When I really just don't feel like going out in the cold for a run, he is able to get my butt out the door.  Consequently, he is also excellent at kicking my butt during the run, but I need that as well :)
The Pump House is an awesome gym that my husband and I are going to start attending this week.  Hours are great, the membership isn't too bad, and the company is cream of the crop.  Trust me, there is no gym quite like the pump house :)  Ok, ok, the pump house is actually my friend's basement.  My husband and I participate in a weekly small group at our Church with other married couples.  One of the guys in our group, Ryan, is a police officer and is very in tune to health and fitness.  Some of the people in our group meet on a nightly basis and do a workout together.  What a great idea!  So justin and I are going to join in on the fun just as soon as his fever breaks (poor thing is sick in bed).  Also, Ryan has a great blog about his journey and his own personal challenge of doing 100 burpees for 365 days.  You can check it out here

Finally, while you are reading, checking out what my Eat. Live. Be. partners are doing in their lives (and ktichens!)


Sarah at Cucina Bella
Cate O’Malley at Sweet Nicks
Maris at In Good Taste
Chris at Mele Cotte
Faith at Bon Appetit
Kristen at Dine and Dish
Tri-Fit Mom at Tri-Fit Mom
Allison at Sweet Flours
Jen at NJ Epicurean
Jennifer at Lick-a-Plate
Jennifer Schulz at Lick-a-plate

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Eat. Live. Be.! We are so glad you're joining us. I love the idea of the group workouts that you will be doing with The Pump House. When my husband and I were dating, we'd workout together with one or two of his friends several times a week and it was very motivating.

    ReplyDelete