Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Red Lobster Biscuits

Picture
The first time I made these for my husband, his response was, "Babe, these are better than Red Lobster's!"  And I have been making them ever since.  Normally, anytime we are eating seafood, whether it is clam chowder, or crab legs, I make these as well.  They are SOOOO good.  Like, melt in your mouth good. Like, you will be sitting at work one day and just have a craving for them good!  Trust me, you are going to want to try these :)  I have been making these for so long I don't remember where I found the recipe, I do however remember googling "Red lobster biscuit recipe" and working through several claimed "authentic recipes" before I found this gem. This recipe makes ~12 biscuits.

Biscuit Ingredients: 
2 ½ cups Bisquick mix
¾ cup cold whole milk (I normally use whipping cream of half and half because I have it on hand)
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese (sharp or mild, whichever you prefer)


To brush on top:
2 tablespoons butter, melted

¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
pinch salt

Preheat oven to 400. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the bisquick mix. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter (or a large fork). Be careful not to mix too much, there should still be small pea sized chunks of butter. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined.

Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop or your hands.

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave (this takes less than 30s). Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits.

Picture

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try these. I vote that we make them next week when a certain someone won't be in town. PS - I plan to take over Justin's place in your home for the week. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is something I have to try. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually making these tonight to go with my seafood chowder. Oh so delicious!

    ReplyDelete