Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Fudge

Recently, I had a reader ask me if I had any good pumpkin recipes.  Let it be known that I LOVE PUMPKIN!  As I told my reader, I love pumpkin so much that I use to have my mom make pumpkin pie for my birthday every year...yum! Whether it is pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin carrot cake muffins, or what have you, if it has pumpkin in it, I am going to love it!  So, when I found this recipe for pumpkin pie fudge, it went to the top of my "to bake list."  I seldom make fudge (and after making this I realized why.  It's so messy!) But, it was so worth it.  I packed up these tasty morsels and sent them off to some friends and co workers in Chicago for Thanksgiving, and they all absolutely loved them.  So, if you have some extra pumpkin sitting in your pantry, dust off the can and get baking!

Ingredients:

3 cups sugar
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. corn syrup
2 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
9 oz. white chocolate, chopped
7 oz. jar marshmallow crème
1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted (I omitted) 
1 tsp. vanilla extract
 
Directions:
Stir together first six ingredients in a 3 ½ – quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.  Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft-ball stage).

Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.  Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 9'' x 13'' pan.  Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares. 


Adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride 


Picture

2 comments:

  1. Cute treat boxes - where'd you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaels actually! I have some similar ones linked to amazon on the right hand side of the page "A Few of My Favorite Things."

    ReplyDelete