Monday, December 20, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Every year, without fail, my mother, grandmother, aunts, cousins, and myself all make these delicious pumpkin cookies for the holidays.  My great grandmother shared this recipe with her daughters, who in turn shared it with their daughters (my mother), so on and so forth. I love this recipe because it combines two of my favorite things: pumpkin and chocolate!  The recipe makes quite a lot of cookies, so I normally half it. I often wonder, if way back when, my great grandmother actually doubled the recipe because she had such a large family :)

Grandma Florence’s Pumpkin Cookies
4 Eggs
3 Cups of Sugar2 Cups Solid Pumpkin
6 Cups Flour
1 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Baking Powder
3 tsp. Baking Soda 2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 ½ Cups Crisco
4 Eggs
3 tsp. Vanilla

1 Cup Chocolate chips
1 Cup Walnuts (Optional, I never use them)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 
Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together. Set aside. Cream eggs and sugar in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Next add vanilla and pumpkin all at once, mix until combined. Then add flour mixture slowly until all the mixture is incorporated. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of walnuts

Drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes 


1 comment:

  1. Definately our family favorite! I enjoyed making these with you on Saturday...A fun day of baking.

    ReplyDelete