Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oreo Truffles

These little devils taste just as good as they look, if not better!  They are so easy to make, and they have such a professional look to them.  They are a great addition to any holiday baking list.  Once again, less than 5 ingredients.  The only danger to this recipe is eating the oreos before making the truffles (this happened to the first package of oreos I purchased)! I got this recipe from my friend Katie.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Katie!  I will be making these often :)

Ingredients:
1 package of oreo cookies
1 package (8oz) of cream cheese
chocolate of your choice for dipping (I used dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate: dark was my favorite)


Directions:


Take 5 cookies out of the package of oreos and set aside.  Using a food processor, grind the rest of the oreos (+/- 2 for eating) until they are fine crumbles.  Add the oreo crumbles to an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.  Add the cream cheese and mix slowly until fully combined.* Form mixture into 1 inch balls.  Take the 5 cookies you set aside and processes them until they are fine.  Melt the chocolate of your choice and cover your oreo balls in chocolate.  Sprinkle them with the extra oreo crumbles and place in the refrigerator until they harden (5 or 10 minutes).






Baker's Notes:
* I often wonder if you could just add cream cheese to the food processor instead of dirtying another dish. However, I am a bit hesitant that it would not mix evenly and turn out to be a huge mess.  If you have ever tried it, please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment