Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti


I love biscotti for several reasons: it is easy to make, there are so many variations of the same basic recipe, and it goes great with my morning cup of coffee!  Cinnamon Hazelnut biscotti is my all time favorite biscotti recipe, and it will always make my favorites list for Christmas baking, baking for guests, or just every day baking! This biscotti recipe not only fills my kitchen and living room with the most scrumptious aroma, but it is also more of a cookie like biscotti with a softer center while still maintaining hard edges that are great for dipping!  I really could go on and on about this recipe, but by now your stomach is probably growling.  So on to the good stuff, the recipe:

Ingredients:


3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup hazelnuts, chopped 

Directions: 


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; turn mixer to low and add flour mixture. Stir in the hazelnuts. 
  3. Shape dough into log  approximately 12-16 inches long. Place log on baking sheet, and flatten out slightly.
  4. Bake for about 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are golden and the center is firm. Remove from oven to cool on the pans. When loaf is cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to slice diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet.
  5. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, turning over once. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.



Biscotti can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months. 


Source: Allrecipes




7 comments:

  1. Looks good! Love the tray! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any other biscotti recipes? Something with walnuts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I don't know of one with Walnuts off the top of my head, but I will check my cook books. Tomorrow's recipe is Cranberry Pistachio biscotti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never actually made biscotti, but I LOVE to eat it. This recipe looks wonderful! Will have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you buy hazelnuts? I checked at Walmart in the baking isle and also the produce department, and could not find them. I think I may substitute pecans ????? This will be my first try at it also. all this cold weather makes me want to turn the oven on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get them at Kroger in the baking Aisle. They have them already chopped, which makes it much much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks...we dont have Krogers here....but i could check at giant eagle or shop and save.....thanks again !!

    ReplyDelete