Friday, December 10, 2010

Buckeye Balls

Photo by Meg McCluskey
You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter. I know this isn't exactly a cookie, but I had an urgent request from Chicago for this recipe. Plus, buckeye balls are definitely holiday appropriate :)  So here you go Jeremy and Rita!! :)  I also included these tasty morsels with my Christmas care package to Abbott ADD Statistics.  I'm pretty sure they were gone by the end of the day!

Ingredients:


1/2 cup butter, melted
1 lbs. confectioners' sugar
1 1/2  cups peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. shortening


Directions:


Combine butter, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla together.  Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and roll into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper.
In the top half of a double broiler* melt chocolate and shortening, stirring constantly.  Using a toothpick, deep peanut butter balls into chocolate, leaving a little bit of the peanut butter exposed.  Return to wax paper and refrigerate until firm. 


Photo by Meg McCluskey

Oh and one more thing.  As you are enjoying your lovely December weekend, I want you all to start thinking of your favorite cookie/cookie recipe, because on Monday, Sarah's Sweet Creations will be hosting a cyber cookie exchange!  I will post one of my favorite holiday cookies, and I ask that all of you post your favorites too!  

1 comment:

  1. I came across this recipe recently that calls for a little graham cracker and cream cheese in the pb mixture to help them hold shape - I thought that was a great idea. She also used a cookie scoop to make the balls, which I want to try. Mine are always misshapen and get warm in my hands - even when I wear lunch lady gloves.

    http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/10/buckeyes/

    ReplyDelete